See below for urgent updates to our walk in Flu clinics:
No appointment is necessary but you must be in one of the eligible groups:
You're 65 or over by 31st March 2019, or if you are aged 18-64 and have any of the following problems:
· chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma (which requires an inhaled or tablet steroid treatment, or has led to hospital admission in the past), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
· chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
· chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
· problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
· being seriously overweight (BMI of 40 or above)
· you are pregnant
· You are a carer – paid or unpaid
· You are a frontline health or social worker
Please take a look at this useful video from the
BBC about how useful the Flu Vaccination
Children's Clinics for all eligible patients under 18:
There will be a Saturday morning clinic in Slough on the 15th December times and venue to be confirmed.
Please direct any queries with regards to these clinics to the Immunisation team number 01753 636759. A member of the team will be able to confirm the date and offer a time.
Please note that children aged 4 years before the 01st September 2018 are vaccinated as part of the school vaccine program. We do not vaccinate these children. We are not contracted to do so. However, any child aged over 4 years in any At Risk category, can be vaccinated at the surgery.
Patients up to the age of 18, who are eligible for the vaccine, will have nasal flu vaccine unless contraindicated. They will not be eligible for injection regardless if they had it previously.