A series of changes have been announced by the government amid concerns about a new Covid-19 variant:
- 18- to 39-year-olds will be offered booster jabs
- Boosters will be prioritised according to age and for at risk groups
- The minimum gap between receiving a second Covid-19 vaccine dose and booster will be halved to three months
- Children aged 12 to 15 will be offered a second dose, three months after the first
- Severely immunosuppressed people will be offered a fourth dose of the vaccine, as a booster
- The booster will either be the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine
Please note these changes will be phased in over the coming weeks and do not take effect immediately. We are awaiting official confirmation from NHS England about the implementation. At present the Booster Vaccination Interval is six months
Please wait for your invite from the surgery and do not call reception as they will be unable to book anyone in the new cohorts yet.
We will be in touch with you to book an appointment once we have had official communication to do so from the government.