We have been exploring options on how best we deliver the flu vaccine to you as it’s become very unlikely that we will be able to offer mass walk-in flu clinics this year due to the on-going threat of Covid-19.
We have had to factor in social distancing into our flu vaccination schedule and so we are introducing a new system to keep everyone safe. Our usual walk-in service will operate by appointment only this year and all patients MUST book their slot in advance. We are also hosting our main clinics at offsite locations so we can facilitate social distancing. Please note we no longer need you to complete a consent form – please read the important information below.
Clinic times available to pre-book from 1st September onwards:
Offsite clinic appointments from 8:30am – please do NOT just turn up – Appointment only
Saturday 12th September – 9th Bracknell Scouts HQ, Leppington, Birch Hill RG12 7WW
Saturday 19th September – Edgbarrow School Crowthorne RG45 7HZ - held in the gym (this will be signposted from the car park)
Saturday 26th September – 9th Bracknell Scouts HQ, Leppington, Birch Hill RG12 7WW
Or book an appointment in one of our on the day clinics – we aim to have appointments available every working day in at least one of our sites – check via online access or ask reception.
Instructions for attendance at an off–site clinic.
· Appointments will be made three minutes apart to enable social distancing.
· The slots will be timed, but only as an estimate e.g. your appointment time will be 10.03am.
· Please do not arrive at the venue any earlier or later as we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure you are queuing for the minimum amount of time and social distancing is maintained.
· Please wear a face covering We are unable to vaccinate you if you are exempt from wearing a mask. Please contact Ringmead reception team for an alternative appointment.
· We encourage you not to touch anything whilst you are with us. Bring your own hand sanitiser to use should you wish to.
· Please attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising
· Please follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing. If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself know to the queue marshal who will be wearing a luminous yellow jacket.
· There will be no chairs available to sit while waiting. If you think you will struggle with this, please speak to the queue marshal on arrival.
· Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm
· If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue will be outside for a short period of time.
· Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety.
For all flu clinics – on site or off site:
Important: you no longer need to print a consent form – your attendance at the clinic implies consent which the clinician will check with you on arrival. If you have a severe allergy to eggs or have reacted in the past to the flu vaccine, please make sure you let the clinician know when you have your vaccine.
Do not attend if you have COVID symptoms
Please remember to cancel your appointment if you are no longer able to attend.