What are Patient Participation Groups (PPGs)?
“We are patients just like you…”
Your PPG is a group of active volunteer patients who meet face to face with practice staff at mutually agreed intervals. Your PPG works with the Practice in a partnership built on mutual trust and respect to:
- Provide a patients’ perspective to ensure that services, plans and activities respond to patients’ needs and priorities
- Foster communication with the wider patient population building a stronger patient / Doctor relationship
- Provide practical support to the Practice Team e.g. analysing patient surveys, organising health awareness events and assisting at ‘flu clinics
- Help patients take more responsibility for their health and make informed decisions
- Keep in touch with other PPGs and relevant bodies.
The current Ringmead PPG was formed in January 2013 and meets regularly.
This is your opportunity to have a say in the changes and decisions taken within the Practice about the services we offer.
We welcome all patients’ views. It is important to note however that the Patient Participation Group is interested in improving services for the benefit of patients overall and will not consider individual complaints or issues which should be taken up with the Surgery in the normal manner.
Patient Participation Group Newsletter, Minutes and Agendas
For more information, please visit our Patient Participation Group Newsletter, Minutes and Agendas page.
Contact the Patient Participation Group
To join the patient participation group, please contact the PPG by emailing email@example.com.
Under the current circumstances, there are no plans for Health Events in the foreseeable future. When the situation changes there will be more information on this page.