If you are planning a pregnancy, please visit the patient.info website.
If your home pregnancy test is positive, then please call the surgery and arrange an appointment with the midwife.
Useful information is available on the Diet and Lifestyle during Pregnancy page.
The antenatal clinic is run in collaboration with the Community Midwives.
Whooping cough and pregnancy
What you need to know and do to help protect your baby.
There is a lot of whooping cough around at the moment and babies who are too young to start their vaccinations are at greatest risk.
Expectant mothers can help protect their babies by getting themselves vaccinated against whooping cough from week 28 of their pregnancy.
The leaflet below describes the problem and what you need to do to help protect your baby from this serious disease.
Child Health Checks
The first baby examination is performed by the doctor at around 8 weeks from birth. Please ensure you make an appointment for this examination and do bring with you the baby’s ‘Red Book’.
Subsequent baby check-ups will be performed by the health visitors.
Child Immunisation Clinics
Dedicated clinics are held at both Great Hollands and Birch Hill.
The first baby immunisations are due at the age of 8 weeks after the 8 week check has been done.
For more information about the ages that vaccines should be given, and the diseases they protect against visit the NHS Immunisation website.
- A quick guide to childhood immunisations for the parents of premature babies
- Immunisations – between 12 and 13 months of age – within a month of the first birthday
- Pre-school Immunisations – A guide to vaccinations at three years and four months of age
- Protecting your child against flu
- National Meningitis B Immunisation Program
Maternity and Babies Health Useful Links
- Baby Centre for advice, up-to-date information and parent-to-parent support.
- NHS Choices Pregnancy Care Planner – Your NHS guide to having a baby
- National Childbirth Trust (NCT)
- NHS Breast Feeding Advice
- NHS Childhood Immunisation Schedule
- Maternity Rights
- Fathers Direct
Children’s Health Useful Links
- ERIC – Education and Resources for Improving Childhood Continence
- Bullying UK – Help to stop bullying
- Patient UK – Asthma – Childhood asthma help
- Eczema Society – Eczema in Schools
- Diabetes.co.uk – Children and Diabetes
- Epilepsy Action – Information for children with Epilepsy
- Eat Well – Healthy eating advice for children
- SIGN booklet – For young people with Autism
- Frimley Healthier Together – Local advice and support